The new JW Player 7 for WordPress 1.4.0 has been released today, both in the free and premium version.
This is a main update with a lot of new stuff that lot of users were waiting for, from the possibility to load subtitles in different file formats to the toggle quality option, passing trough to the download video tool.
This is just a post with the list of the new functionalities, more detailed informations will come in others articles.
New functionalities in JW Player 7 for WordPress
This is the list of the new tools available with the version 1.4.0 of the plugin, directly from the changelog.
- Add custom measures to every single player with the new shortcode options. (read more)
- Social sharing now includes Facebook, Twitter, GooglePlus, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Tumblr, Reddit and email of course.
- Premium – Load different subtitles files (vtt, srt, dfxp) that can be chosen from the CC selection menu.
- Premium – Add different sources with label and let the user toggles the desired video quality
- Premium – Now you can let the user download your video only by adding a flag. (read more)
- Premium – Now you can mute your videos during playback.
- Premium – Configures if the player should loop the content.
- Premium – Autostart, Mute and Repeat options are now available for playlists too by using the new shortcode options. (read more)
- Premium – Next up tooltip and more elements are now localized.
I need to buy Your Plugin But Help Me With My Queries Please 🙂 :
1- Is it possible to Play Google Drive Videos Using This Plugin ?
2- Is it possible to play youtube playlists with it ?
3- Is it possible to make it as the default player to any embedded video from youtube ?
4- Is it possible to add the video url using custom postmeta using any 3rd party plugins ( jwplayerurl= “” ) ?
5- Is it possible to add some single videos as playlist ?
6- Is it possible to add cover image for video ?
7- The Sharing Option >> Share The Parent URL of my site or the external link only ?
Thanks in advance
Hi Mohamed, thanks for your interest in my product.
Anyway, you can do your tests with the free version, there is not any limit in this sense.
This could be interest for you: https://sourcey.com/html5-video-streaming-from-google-drive/
Again, you can use the free version for this.
More informations here:
Thanks again 😉
how can i set this up so it auto detect video quality for playback automatically? is this possible?
The plugin uses the HD Quality Toggling system described here:
As you can see, you can add more sources for every video; the first one will be used by default, usually the lower quality version.
There is not any auto detect system at the moment, sorry.